..

After my blogs on performance parts, innovative accessories and Bullet mechanics I felt there was need for some good tutorials for Enfield UCE engine. How much ever I went through the net, I could not find any good channels that covered the basics tutorials for maintaining your Bullet. With that there came the need for the products that could help maintain your Bullet. So I have started this blog as a means for covering both these aspects. Tutorials for maintaining Bullet and Product reviews for tools that help in maintenance.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Jopasu mini duster review

Jopasu mini duster review
Jopasu mini duster
Living in the dry and dusty climate of Delhi NCR we are quite used to seeing a film of dust on everything that has been outside for more a a couple of hours. For that matter unless your garage is air conditioned our vehicles are not spared by dust even indoors. For me wiping dust was a ritual I did every morning and still do it today.
However before I came across Jopasu duster I used to try and wipe the dust off with cloth. It was a painfully slow process because as soon as I rubbed dust off one place it would settle on the other side. Many times when the dust cover was thick I felt like I was just shifting the dirt rather than cleaning it off. With time I could see that all that shifting and rubbing of dust particle was causing swirl marks on my Bullet. I was so fed up that I even though of purchasing a battery driven mini vacuum cleaners. Luckily before I could make that purchase I came across this product.

Pros or advantages of Jopasu mini duster

The first thing that I did land up on my searches was "California duster". These are the people who have originally manufactured the product. However the price was prohibitive. When looking for dusters in India I came across this product from Jopasu and immediately purchased it. I have had no reason to regret my decision. It has extremely long life. I have been using it for more than 2 years and it is still working as good as new. This makes it very cost effective. It comes at less than Rs. 300/-. A microfiber cloth comes at around Rs. 100/- If you change your microfiber cloth even after every 6 months you'll be spending Rs. 400/- in two years. This duster has been with me for more than 2 years and I believe it will last another two years. So in the long run I save about five hundred rupees. It is extremely low maintenance. I have only washed it thrice in this time. In fact the manufacturer advises to avoid washing it. The strands in this duster are wax coated so it kind of cleans and even shines the body of your motorcycle. The strands pick up dust like magnet so you clean up an area in just one swipe. Does not cause swirl marks. It is compact, you can fold it and store it in your toolbox. 

Cons or issues with Jopasu mini duster

The main problem with this product is purchasing it. It is available on very few websites and there too it becomes frequently unavailable. My advise, buy two of them and secure your future. Another problem with this product is that it should be kept away from water. If kept in a damp condition for long time it will start smelling and ultimately rot away. So you have to be really careful to keep it dry at all times. Can be quite difficult to clean.

Further improvements required in Jopasu mini duster

It can be made smaller. Around 3/4 of its current size would help in storing it easily. The product should be made more easily available. I can't see any other improvements.

Usage tips for Jopasu mini duster

Shake it vigorously before and after use. Don't get it wet. Store it always in its package. If the package gets damaged use a thick waterproof plastic bag to store it. If you need to wash it (In case of the rare scenario when like me you end up cleaning bird dropping with it), wash it only in cold water. Never use warm water or rough detergents. I personally use mild shampoo or eazy to clean it.

Where to buy Jopasu mini duster

Can be bought online or you can even get it from Reliance Autozone. 

Price (approx) of Jopasu mini duster

Rs. 300/- approx.

No comments:

Post a Comment